Hiring Good Candidates – Best Practices- Webinar
Most organizations use the traditional “tried and true” methods of hiring people – unstructured interviews and background checks. They continue to do so despite a growing body of evidence that demonstrates traditional interviews are extremely unreliable as indicators of future job performance in the workplace. Organizations serious about improving their profitability and long-term viability in an increasingly competitive world economy are quickly learning the old traditional way of hiring people (their Human Capital) won’t cut it today. Hiring a team with the right mix of talent and expertise takes significant time and energy, but it’s all worth it when you find the right people for the right jobs – not to mention the gratification in seeing how each individual helps the team move forward in a new way.
Upon completion of this webinar, HR professionals will have a better understanding of the importance of a comprehensive recruiting strategy consisting of:
- Employment Branding;
- Networking, even when you don’t have an open position;
- Documenting the job requirements/description;
- Creating inspiring job announcements and the use of social media;
- Preparing for the interview and the use of Behavioral Interview Questions;
- Using valid pre-employment assessments;
- An effective interview process – a team approach;
- Making a hiring decision using a good post-interview analysis;
- Negotiating an offer; and
- Onboarding and metrics
Please fill out the form below. Once submitted, you will be re-directed to the Detroit SHRM recording where you can watch this 59 minutes webinar for FREE.