The program features an exploration of DiSC® in a conflict context, provides an opportunity for participants to explore their destructive conflict responses, and offers them a method for making more productive choices in their response to conflict. Participants begin by sharing existing perceptions about conflict and then review a definition of conflict and discuss key concepts and Cornerstone Principles that conflict is an inevitable part of workplace relationships and that it can also be productive.
Classroom based: Three 90 minute modules over a half or full day
- Appreciate how their style of handling conflict affects the people around them
- Learn how to “catch” themself when going down a destructive conflict path
- Learn how to reframe a conflict situation and choose more productive behaviors
- Build a common language in the organization around appropriate conflict behavior
- Learn techniques to improve self-awareness around conflict behaviors
- Explore their own DiSC styles and learn how to interact in conflict with people with different DiSC styles.
- Explore common destructive responses to conflict and why they and others might react this way
- Practice stepping back from and reframing their unhealthy thought patterns, allowing them to choose more productive responses to conflict
Everything DiSC® Productive Conflict Profile